Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!


Happy Halloween!  It's hard to believe that a weekend long of celebrating was just the prologue for today.  If you are a teacher today, best of luck.  If you are a teacher tomorrow, best of luck times two.

To spite all of my complaining about the extreme celebrating for this holiday, we had a great weekend.  We got to catch up with friends while the children got wild in someone else's house.  And, I didn't have to make dinner for two nights in a row!  Not bad at all.

Today leaves us with one more round of costuming.  I think that Amelia's quickly thrown together red fox will make it one more night.  Jack's bat wings came off a few times on Saturday, but a few quick stitches quickly put them back in place.  Liam is yet to wear his full monkey costume (grrr), that I spent an afternoon hunting down on request (double grrr.), so it is still in fine condition for this evenings festivities.  

We will head out early in our house at 6 PM to leave plenty of time for treating, assessing and over sugaring.  Halloween is the only day of the year that I loosen my very tight (and overbearing) grip of my children's treat consumption.  After getting home tonight, they get to feast on as much candy as they like before brushing their teeth (EXTREMELY well) and going to bed.  I am always surprised that they don't actually eat until they vomit or finish their stash.  This year, my money is on Liam eating the most of them all.  I also predict that tomorrow's sugar withdrawal is going to be a challenge for all.

For our teachers:  May the angels be with you today and tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment