Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Birthday on the Brain

Tomorrow my sweet Amelia turns 9!  Impossible!  I have been busy planning her birthday fiesta.  I am not just trying to sound festive.  That is what she requested, a birthday fiesta.  To my dismay, Amelia asked for a fiesta instead of the girly options I tried to push on her.  I have two boys to hold basketball parties and lego themed events.  It would be nice if I could go girly once in a while.  But, her reasons are good ones.  Amelia wanted to invite boys and did not want to subject them to jewelry making or the like.  So, a fiesta it is.  I have had most of the plans simmering for a couple of weeks, but this week I have to actually get out of the "idea" faze.  


Yesterday, during Liam's nap I finished the party favors.  I found this idea for mini pinata's here:  http://onecharmingparty.com/2011/04/29/cinco-de-mayo-pinata


Mine aren't quite as cute, but not too bad...




I dedicate this post to my glue gun.  You are a strong, loyal friend and my favorite crafting tool.


Do you prefer to hold your children's parties at home or in a public venue?

No comments:

Post a Comment