Friday, October 21, 2011

Happy Notes



It's Friday!  I was excited about Tuesday, but that doesn't come close to my super charged Friday excitement.  There are so many things that I love about the weekend.  Who doesn't have a long list of weekend happy notes?  They most likely include many of mine:

Sleeping in
Family Time
Spending time with my husband
Stealing lazy moments of quiet
Leaving the house without a child.....

I could go on.  This weekend is especially exciting for me.  John and I get 24 hrs + without the kids.  Since dollars aren't burning a whole in my hand at the moment, we are going to keep it simple and affordable.  Were are packing up the dogs and heading to the cabin.  A stop in Olympia, a little hiking, puppy play, and a day to actually finish a conversation, uninterrupted.  It may not sound luxe, but it is to me!  We haven't been without the kids for a night since May.  I don't feel even the slightest twinge of sadness to leave them.  Don't feel bad for them.  They are just excited to be rid of us and have Grandma and Grandpa to shower them with attention.

What are your weekend plans?  When is the last time (if ever) you have been away from your child over night?

No comments:

Post a Comment