Tuesday, October 18, 2011

What can I cram into 2 hours?

Today is Tuesday!  I know that doesn't sound very exciting to you.  But, it is for me.  Why?  Tuesday is my free morning.  Okay, that is an overstatement.  Taking away the time spent in the car, I have 2 hours between dropping Liam off at preschool and scooping him back up again.  This year, Liam attends preschool two mornings a week.  Since I teach the other morning, that leaves me with one wonderful 2-hour block to do as I please.  A sweet, sweet rarity.  Liam has been in school for almost a month now.  Yet, every Tuesday that comes and goes, I panic with how to spend my time.  I am so excited to do all of the things that I can't do normally, that I am paralyzed and chose something totally random or otherwise lame.  Last week I took Dixie to Point Defiance (not lame), took a shower, sang a little, cleaned a little (getting duller), and finished dinner (yawn). Instead of enjoying it, I was rushing around trying to cram in as much as possible.  Totally unsatisfying.


Today is different.  I am going for a long and lovely fall run on at Point Defiance, taking a quick shower, and parking it at Bluebeard Coffee for 20 minutes of quite to prepare for my classes for the week.  I am going to fight the urge to do a quick load of laundry, walk the dog (sorry Dixie, I need to run too), or mop the floors.  

Sometimes being inefficient is the best way to be efficient.

What do you do with your time when you have a free hour or two to yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment