Friday, September 23, 2011

Welcome Fall


Here we are, September 23.  Welcome Fall!!!

It is fitting that the children of Tacoma return to their classroom today.  The air has changed, the leaves are flirting with color and the apples are crisp.  The shortening days and cloudy skies only add to the seasonal wonder.  A time to turn in and focus on all things internal, be it our homes or ourselves.  Fall has arrived.

With the children at home yesterday, we got ready to bring in the new season.  Thanks to Tacoma boys, our edible center piece has dressed our dining room.



We hung our Autumn wreath 

I am thrilled to be able to change up our menu to add comfort soups, freshly baked bread and tea.  Lots and lots of tea.  I am not quite ready to swap out my summer clothes.  In part, because I am feeling lazy and uninspired.  In part, because if I do we are destined to get a freak spell of 80 degree weather.  I can't believe that I will happily take a pass on the warmer weather.  Right now the hot tea and book snuggle sessions sound much more appealing.  As long as it's not trucks...or Thomas the Train....or Go Dog GO again.   Hmm..sounds like another trip to the library is in store for the week.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah to the hot tea. I have been ready for that for awhile. Any excuse for some good hot tea!

    And your centerpiece is beautiful. I love the way it looks.

    ReplyDelete