Thursday, September 8, 2011

Minuet Studio Opens for Fall


That day of rest I took on Monday seems like ages ago.  Why?  Because I have been busily preparing for my fall Kindermusik classes that begin today.  To be exact, they start in 2 hours and 31 minutes.  I am so excited to see all of my families and share new music with them.  This session is especially significant for me.  I began teaching four years ago.  The Kindermusik curricula loops on a 2 year schedule.  That way, a child will never repeat a unit.  Having taken a year off after Liam was born, (a sort of delayed maternity break) I have never taught this fall's sessions since my very first semester.  This week, I am filled with nostalgia as I return to these familiar songs and activities.

There are some families that have been with me since my little studio opened 4 years ago.  Some have moved on to elementary school or other preschool activities.  Some have just moved (boohoo!). I have the fondest memories of the very first classes that I spent with those mothers and children.  I have been privileged to watch the growth of children and mothers.  Knowing that music has been a part of their lives from the start makes me smile.  Today I am sending love out to all of those early students and their families, where ever this finds them today.

Here's to a great fall semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment