Friday, September 2, 2011

Special days deserves a little bit of fancy.



So, in all of the excitement, I completely forgot to take my annual “before” shots of the first day of school.  I toyed with the idea of trying to pass off the after school shots as befores.  But, then you would wonder why I didn’t have Amelia brush her hair on her first day.  Or, for some of you clever readers, why the sun was so high at 8:30 AM.

Moving on.  How was the first day at for the Cotter Kids?  Great!  All of the uncertainty and fear seemed to fly away once we rounded the school corner.  Excited to be with friends and reunite with old classmates, they were charged for the day.

The glow of six hours with out pesky little brothers

"Another year and I still don't have all of my front teeth"

Jack keeping his hands to himself

I don’t know who was more excited to talk about their days me, or the students.  We shared some chocolate chip cookies (to which a snuck in some oat bran and oat flour), and milk.   The milk on this special day was, of course, served in fancy tea cups.

.....Liam was there too

How did your first day of school go?




No comments:

Post a Comment