Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Single Parenting, Take 3


I'm not sure what is different about this time.  But, after being gone for 3 days, Liam no longer calls his father "Daddy".  He is now referred to as "John".

To be honest, it was much harder to have to go it alone when my kids younger.  Now, our lives are so busy that I don't seem to notice that I am on my own until the day comes to a close.  The biggest frustration to me is that I can't go anywhere alone.  I usually hold my grocery shopping,  dog hikes, and errand running until John comes home from work.  Or, save it for the weekend.  Now,  every trip is a lively adventure.  The one thing that I can't bring the kids to that pains me most is yoga.


The bright side of this change in routine is that I had to fit a yoga class into the only window that was available to me.  Today, during my one free morning while Liam is in preschool, I tried a class that I had never gone to before.  Labeled as a basic flow class, my ego didn't even think to consider going.  I am so glad that I did!  I knew that the instructor was amazingly gifted, so I'm not sure why I was surprised that I got so much out of it.  In a nut shell, it was a reminder that everything needs to be built on a good foundation in order to bring fulfillment yoga and life alike.  I left feel more grounded and inspired then I have felt in a long time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment