Thursday, July 28, 2011

Eastward Bound



Well, we were up at 5AM as promised.  I hadn't taken in to consideration the fact no one sleeps well the night before vacation.  The kids were restless with excitement and I, fresh off of packing, had a major case of monkey mind.  The good news is that I was completely packed, carry on's and all by 9:00 PM.  I made my goal of having everything packed 24 hrs. ahead of time.  We take off at 10:00 tonight.


As always, the best laid plans always need room for a couple of surprises.  The biggest surprise is that we are now taking a side trip to the Washington DC area after landing in Baltimore.  We are scouting out the area for a possible relocation opportunity that could present itself this Fall.  So, if you have any wonderful suggestions on how to entertain a family of 5 exhausted Tacomans in 100 degree weather for 5 hours or so before we can check into our hotel in Virginia, PLEASE send them my way.


John and I plan to wear the kids out with a long bike ride and a playground romp so that we can fit in a loooong afternoon nap.  We hope to wake as late as possible and pretend that it is morning all over again.  Most nights, having children that are sleeping by 8PM is a very good thing.  Tonight, I hope they can wear their night owl caps for a little while - at least until take off.

Here is to the adventures of family travel!  Back in 10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment