Monday, August 22, 2011

Summer's Bucket list

One of my favorite "to do's": a weekend with the ladies at Lake Cushman

Perhaps one of the reasons that summer feels so magical is that it always seems to be fleeting.  In Western Washington, the weather makes that especially true.  This year, the Summer didn't seem to arrive until late July.  I won't complain about it, I am sure that I have covered all angles of my frustration long ago.  But, it does present a challenge.  Yes, living in the Northwest means that you get used to camping in the rain and picnicking under cold gray skies.  Still, how do you fit all of the wonderful experiences of summer in the few short weeks between rain and the start of school?  Here was my original list of Summer "to do's"

  • A Family Camping Trip
  • East Coast Vacation/ family Reunion
  • Go to each of the Tacoma Farmers Market's at least once
  • Spend a week at Lake Cushman with the kids
  • Go Berry Picking
  • Can Berry Jam
  • Teach Jack and Amelia weekly Piano Lessons
  • Work with Jack on his handwriting
  • Stain the Cabin
  • Host a Ladies weekend away
  • Go Kayaking
  • A Backpacking Trip sans Kids
Most of my summer dreams deal with traveling.  Like you, I only have a limited number of weekends to turn those dreams into reality.  So, backpacking will have to wait.  Some of my "to do" should never have made the cut.  Stain the Cabin?  That was really more of a "honey do".  Now it is just an "undone".  Other then that I have actually completed quite a bit.  Still left and feasible:

Visit more of the Tacoma Farmers markets
squeezing in a few piano lessons
Kayaking...I hope

How about you?  Do you manage to experience all that you hoped for this summer?




No comments:

Post a Comment