Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back to School Time



There is no denying it.  It is the season of "Back to School".  With school starting on September 1, there are only 5 more weekdays left.  I'm sad about it.  Don't get me wrong, I love the quietness of the house on a Wednesday at 1PM when Liam and Cali dog are sleeping and I am free.   However, I will miss the closeness that we share over the summer.  In the past few months I have seen the friendship between my children grow.  There has been a lot of argruing, but a lot of comrodery too.  Here are some of the things that I will miss the most:


A flexible bedtime with nowhere to be in the morning
Lingering after a family breakfast in pajamas until 10AM
Messy morning art projects
Listening to epic sessions of imaginary play
Family bike rides to the library
Noontime swimming

I will keep this post short and upbeat by not listing all of the things that I will not miss.  This week, I will continue with all of our back to school preparations.  We have had school supplies and clothes for a while now.  So, I am going to focus my time on things that will set us up for success once the chaos begins.  More to come....


Are you excited to get back to school?  What will you miss about summertime?


No comments:

Post a Comment