Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I love house work, and I don't are if that makes boring.

Today is the last Tuesday and, thus, free morning before the end the the year.  I probably should mail some gifts at the post office or run some other errands child free.  But, I chose to clean.  Not because my house is a disaster, or I have anyone but my family entering it in the near future.  I just love a clean house.  I even like the act of cleaning.

I don't think it is because I am crazy.  It isn't because I have no interests.  Rather, being a visual person, it makes me very happy when things are tidy and in order.  Just as it bothers me to the core when my middle wears his skull cap on top of his hood, or when my husband calls navy "green" and pairs it with black, things need to flow for me visually.  I spend a good part of my day at home and I like it to make sense and be in order.

To be more poetic and less odd, I also like what the act of caring for my house symbolizes for my family.  I like giving the gift of order to them.  I am happy to create an environment where things make sense, visually or otherwise.  The world is unpredictable and refuses to be constrained by order.  In my home, I like to take a break from that chaos.  So, clean on I will.

How do you view house work?  With dread or delight?

No comments:

Post a Comment